Seizures are a challenging health condition for many people, if they happen repeatedly it is often diagnosed as Epilepsy. Seizures can come in several forms:
- Grand Mal: Unconsciousness, convulsions, muscle rigidity
- Absence: Brief loss of consciousness
- Myoclonic: Sporadic (isolated), jerking movements
- Clonic: Repetitive, jerking movements
- Tonic: muscle stiffness, rigidity
- Atonic: Loss of muscle tone
The CDC reports that 10% of the population will have one seizure in their lifetime and as many as 3% will be diagnosed with Epilepsy by the age of 80.1 Most people will only have one episode but 50-75% will go on to have a second seizure episode.
Seizures pose a challenge to many healthcare providers not only the people who suffer with the condition. There is not one singular cause that can be connected to seizures. Guidelines on how to treat seizure patients have recently changed in how patients may be managed. The debate is whether to start seizure medication to reduce the risk of another seizure happening.2 Taking a medication for a condition that may never happen again is invasive and under much scrutiny.
Many Seizure patients are seeking a better way to naturally relieve seizures. Dr Johnson in Apple Valley, Minnesota is helping seizure patients get natural relief from seizures. Dr Johnson is an NUCCA Upper Cervical Chiropractor who specializes in the maintaining the proper position of the Atlas bone (C1 vertebra). As the top bone in the neck, the Atlas has an important role with the brain and central nervous system. If the Atlas is misaligned from its normal position it can affect the portions of the brain and nervous system that control body movements.
Clinical studies performed on patients with multiple seizures were assessed for an Atlas bone misalignment: after receiving Upper Cervical Chiropractic care have not only stopped having seizures short term but for extended periods of time.3 By analyzing the Atlas bone and providing a precise adjustment, the brain and nervous system do not suffer from seizures in the body.
- Epilepsy fast facts [Internet]. Atlanta: Center for Disease Control and Prevention; 2010 [updated 1 June 2010; cited 3 March 2012]. Available from: http://www.cdc.gov/epilepsy/basics/fast_facts.htm
- Wanjek C. New Advice on What To Do About Seizures. http://www.livescience.com/50538-seizures-epilepsy-guidelines.html (accessed 15 May 2015).
- Komarek AJ, Tedder A, Tedder N. Cessation of Seizures, Behavioral Disturbances and Improvement in Cognitive Developmental Delay Following Upper Cervical Chiropractic Care in a 2 Year Old: A Case Report. J Upper Cervical Chiropr Res 2015; 2015;2(2):14-18.
To find an upper cervical doctor in your area go to NUCCA.org or if you are in the Apple Valley, Minnesota area to schedule your NUCCA consultation and evaluation, click the button below:
Johnson Spinal Care and Associates are Apple Valley Upper Cervical Chiropractors trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). Our NUCCA Clinic has helped many people find natural relief from post-concussion syndrome in Apple Valley, Minnesota. We are uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on our website at http://www.johnsonspinalcare.com