Some Facts About Multiple Sclerosis

 Multiple Sclerosis. MS, Extreme tiredness, Dizzy, Dizziness, Weak, Fog Not every change that is experienced in the body is indicative of a disease such as multiple sclerosis. Some changes are for our good. Sometimes the body goes through a cleansing cycle, such as when women experience menstruation. The body protects us from invasive bacteria and infections. And, sometimes, changes in the body simply indicate that it is growing or changing for the good.

However, there are times when our body is trying to warn us that something is going on that is not healthy. We do not want to ignore these signs, thinking they will go away on their own. Some of these can be symptomatic of multiple sclerosis. What exactly are the symptoms of MS?

Multiple Sclerosis Symptoms

  • Changes in sensitivity, such as tingling, muscle weakness, and numbness
  • Hard time moving
  • Loss of coordination
  • Swallowing problems
  • Anxiety and depression
  • Marked increase in tendon reflexes
  • Visual disturbances
  • Problems in thinking
  • Balance issues
  • Issues with speaking
  • Mood changes

Misconceptions About Multiple Sclerosis

Many people mistakenly think that a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis means that the person will become totally paralyzed for the rest of his or her life. This is not the case. MS is a condition that comes in episodes of worsening symptoms and then remission of these symptoms. Only 10-15% of people have symptoms that continue to worsen and never subside. That leaves 85% of patients who do not end up completely disabled. Sometimes these ones have an increase of symptoms due to colds, the flu, and stomach sicknesses.

What to Do

If a person suspects that they may have multiple sclerosis, it is important to seek out the care of a professional. It may be surprising to learn that upper cervical chiropractors have had much success in treating patients with MS symptoms. Why is this so?

A tiny misalignment in the upper neck can actually cause a person to experience such symptoms as those mentioned above. This misalignment can wreak havoc on the body, causing the brain and body not to communicate properly. This results in nerve damage and compromised blood flow to the brain. At Johnson Spinal Care, we can examine your neck to see if this may be the cause of your MS symptoms and work to correct the mislaingment.

Reference:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

To find an upper cervical doctor in your area go to www.upcspine.com or if you are in the Apple Valley, Minnesota area to schedule your NUCCA consultation and evaluation, click the button below:
 

Schedule A Consultation

Johnson Spinal Care and Associates are Apple Valley Upper Cervical Chiropractors trained by the National Upper Cervical Chiropractic Association (NUCCA). Our NUCCA Clinic has helped many people find natural relief from post-concussion syndrome in Apple Valley, Minnesota. We are uniquely trained to correct problems in the upper cervical spine (upper neck). This vital area is intimately connected to the central nervous system and problems in this area have been shown to be an underlying cause of a variety of different health problems. More information can be found on our website at http://www.johnsonspinalcare.com

2017-09-19T00:16:20+00:00 August 1st, 2016|Multiple sclerosis|Comments Off on Some Facts About Multiple Sclerosis